Turning on the TV, charging your phone, plugging in the kettle. These are everyday activities for most of us, and we don’t give them a second thought. Electricity is essential for modern living, it makes our life easier… However, we need to be cautious, electricity can be dangerous, the safety tips below from Electricians Perth will help to keep safety in mind.
- Remember extension leads are intended for temporary use, if you find you’ve always got one plugged in, get a qualified electrician to add a few more power points.
- Always plug major appliances direct into a wall socket, never use an extension lead or double adaptor for fridges, washing machines, air conditioning units etc.
- Make sure any temporary extension leads are not running across doorways or under carpets or anywhere people are likely to trip.
Always call a qualified electrician if:
- Frequent tripping of Safety Switches, we know it can be annoying when it happens, but it’s protecting you, your family and your home. It can be caused by a faulty appliance or there may be a problem with your electrical wiring.
- Discoloured or warm wall sockets.
- Flickering or dimming lights.